Here you are our another EWI completed in Dalkeith. We still in the neighbourhood – next completion very soon 🙂
And here you are the newest update regarding the funds available to use in Scotland. Please read the following information and call HOME ENERGY SCOTLAND to find more if you are interested in:
HEEPS: Warmer Homes Scotland Scheme
Who is the scheme for?
Warmer Homes Scotland is designed to help vulnerable people make their homes warmer and more comfortable by installing a range of energy saving measures. The Scottish Government is offering assistance to homeowners and private sector tenants struggling to heat their home, who have lived in their property for at least six months, and who meet the qualifying criteria. For more information about the scheme, and to check if you qualify, please contact Home Energy Scotland on 0808 808 2282 and an energy advisor will be happy to assist you.
What support is available?
The measures offered will depend on a survey of the property. If you have had assistance through a Government programme before, you can still apply for Warmer Homes Scotland if you meet the qualifying criteria. Assessors will recommend measures suitable for the property, including a range of insulation and heating measures, and in most cases costs will be met by the Scottish Government. There will be a need for customer contributions in some instances for certain more expensive measures, such as solid wall insulation. Potential measures include:
· Wall insulation
· Loft insulation
· Central heating
Who is eligible?
The eligibility criteria is summarised below. If you do not meet the criteria for Warmer Homes Scotland you might be eligible for assistance through the interest free loan scheme or one of the many area-based schemes. One call to Home Energy Scotland on 0808 808 2282 will put you in touch with an advisor who can advise on what support you can benefit from.
The household must meet all of the following criteria.
· Be homeowners or the tenants of a private-sector landlord;
· Live in the home as their main residence;
· Have lived there for at least 6 months (unless in receipt of a DS1500 certificate);
· Live in home with an energy rating of 54 or lower.
Meet one of the following conditions
· Be aged 60 or over, have no working heating system and be in receipt of a passport benefit;
· Be aged over 75 and in receipt of a passport benefit;
· Pregnant and / or have a child under 16 and in receipt of a passport benefit;
· Have a disability and be in receipt of any level of Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independent Payment;
· Be a carer in receipt of Carers Allowance;
· Have been injured or disabled serving in the Armed Forces and be in receipt of Armed Forces Independence Payment/War Disablement Pension;
· Have an injury or disability from an accident or disease caused by work and be in receipt of Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.
The passport benefits are:
· Guarantee element of the Pension Credit;
· Attendance Allowance;
· Universal Credit or any of the benefits due to be replaced by Universal Credit (Income Based JSA, Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit, Employment and Support Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit);
· Council Tax Reduction;
· Carer’s Allowance;
· Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Armed Forces Independence Payment;
· War Disablement Pension;
· Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.
What is the process?
Simply call the Home Energy Scotland hotline on 0808 808 2282 to see what you are eligible for and they will guide you through the complete process that will include the survey of your property as well as identifying accredited installers. Home Energy Scotland is a free and impartial advice service that is backed by the Scottish Government to help homeowners have a warmer home and lower their fuel bills.
Area Based Schemes
Local authorities run Area Based Schemes and you may be eligible to receive support under these schemes depending if you meet their criteria.
These schemes are typically geographically based and may entitle you to energy efficiency measures, making your home warmer and cheaper to heat.
To find out if your property qualifies for support please call 0808 808 2282. Further information can be found on the Scottish Government website.
In 2015/16 the Scottish Government will make available £65 million of grant funding for Home Energy Efficiency Programme for Scotland: Area Based Schemes. This funding goes to local authorities to develop and deliver fuel poverty programmes (mainly solid wall insulation) in parts of their council area with high levels of fuel poverty.